PKI 10 Development
Steps to go from a minimal Fedora install to a working dogtag 10 Build
In the steps below, I did the build as root. Its easy enough to modify the procedure though. Just make sure you have sudo access to run the yum commands.
1. Make sure you have the correct Fedora version for the Dogtag version you want to build:
- Dogtag 10.0 will only work on Fedora 18 and 19. It does not work on Fedora 20 or later.
- Dogtag 10.1 or later will only work on Fedora 20 or later.
2. Get the source:
yum install git rpm-build gcc gcc-c++ mkdir dogtag; cd dogtag git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/pki.git
3. Make sure you have the right branch. For Fedora 20, you want HEAD/master or the DOGTAG_10_1_BRANCH branch. For Fedora 19/18, you want the DOGTAG_10_0_BRANCH branch. Switch to the relevant branch using git checkout.
cd pki git branch -r
4. Get the build requirements. We use the yum-builddep command for this, which is provided by the yum-utils package.
5. Do the build:
cd scripts/ ./compose_pki_core_packages rpms
RPMS will be built and placed under ../../packages/RPMS. You can install them by doing :
yum localinstall ../../packages/RPMS/noarch/* ../../packages/RPMS/x86_64/*